Insurance & Reinsurance
We combine a deep market understanding with expertise in applicable regulatory frameworks to provide an innovative and commercial service
Global risks are increasingly interconnected. Our lawyers, with experience and specialist local knowledge who understand the business as well as the legal issues that underpin the insurance industry, provide a complete range of advisory services across every line of the non-life insurance sector, including advising on recoveries and policy wordings, often with cross-border elements.
Concerning contentious claims, our leading practitioners in dispute resolution practice cover litigation and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Repeat clients include insurers, reinsurers, and other insurance-related entities.
Some notable matters include:
- Advising on a reinsurance policy in relation to the construction of a wind turbine farm in Vietnam.
- Advising on an international D&O insurance program for the directors and officers of a Vietnamese subsidiary.
- Advising on a dispute arising out of an airline re-insurance policy between two Vietnamese insurers.
- Representing one of the largest supermarket chains for mom and baby in Viet Nam in an insurance claim arising out of a fire to its warehouse.
- Representing an international insurance broker in a dispute arising out of a property all risks insurance policy before Vietnamese courts at first-instance and appeal levels.