Insurance & Reinsurance
Global risks are increasingly interconnected. Our lawyers, with experience and specialist local knowledge who understand the business as well as the legal issues that underpin the insurance industry, provide a complete range of advisory services across every line of the non-life insurance sector, including advising on recoveries and policy wordings, often with cross-border elements.
Regarding contentious claims, our leading practitioners in dispute resolution practice cover litigation and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Repeat clients include insurers, reinsurers, and other insurance-related entities.
Some notable matters include:
- Advising on a reinsurance policy in relation to the construction of a wind turbine farm in Vietnam;
- Advising on an international D&O insurance program for the directors and officers of a Vietnamese subsidiary;
- Advising on a dispute arising out of an airline re-insurance policy between two Vietnamese insurers;
- Representing one of the largest supermarket chains for mom and baby in Viet Nam in an insurance claim arising out of a fire to its warehouse;
- Representing an international insurance broker in a dispute arising out of a property all risks insurance policy before Vietnamese courts at first-instance and appeal levels.