Minh is specialized in Arbitration Enforcement Litigation, Commercial Law, Insurance Law and International Trade Law. He has participated in arbitrations at the Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC) to resolve disputes involving foreign invested companies and international corporations. He has also been a key commercial litigator in cases on recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of foreign arbitral awards. In addition, he has assisted high profile clients on various matters of commercial, maritime and insurance natures. Mr. Minh is the co-author of the Vietnam Chapter in Getting the Deal Through 2012 & 2013 Editions published by Law Business Research Ltd in 2012.
Minh reads law at Hanoi Law University, Vietnam (LLB) and then at Monash University, Australia (LLM). He specialises in Arbitration, Litigation, Enforcement Litigation, Commercial Law, Insurance Law and International Trade Law.
Minh is the co-author of the Vietnam Chapter in Getting the Deal Through 2012 & 2013 Editions published by Law Business Research Ltd in 2012.
VIAC Arbitrations on:
• International sales and distribution contracts
• Disputes between a well-known retail group and local companies on real estate
• A share purchase contract between an international fund and a large Vietnamese company
• A construction contract between a Vietnamese and a Malaysian company
• An equipment fabrication contract between a Vietnamese and a US company
• Construction disputes between a Vietnamese bank and an international contractor
• An ICC arbitration between a Vietnamese corporate shareholder and a US investor
• Proceedings relating to an ICC arbitration between a Japanese company and a government authority on an infrastructure project
• Complex proceedings involving foreign investment in a real estate project
• Cases of maritime, insurance, construction and sales of good natures
Recognition and Enforcement of:
• Awards rendered by the SIAC, ICAC, ICA and GAFTA
• Ad-hoc arbitral awards
• Matters of commercial, maritime and insurance natures
• A dispute on capital assignment tax between an international energy group and central and local government authorities
Academic and Qualifications
• BA - Bachelor of Law - Hanoi Law University, Vietnam
• LLM - Master of Law - Monash University, Australia
• Language: English, Vietnamese (native)
• Co-author of Vietnam Chapter of Getting the Deal Through 2014 editions – published by Law Business Research Ltd
• Junior Expert in MUTRAP Moot Competition Programme
Membership of Professional Associations
• Member – Bar Association of Hanoi, Vietnam.