Chi graduated from Hanoi Law University, and was a scholar of Globalised Era Scholarship for excellent senior law students. She joined Dzungsrt & Associates LLC after graduation and specialises in Litigation, Arbitration, Commercial Law and Private International Law. She regularly involves in the drafting of legal advices, statements and memoranda in both Vietnamese and English in various industries such as insurance, shipping and trade. She has participated in cases before a number of local courts as well as arbitrations and assisted clients on the matters of maritime, commercial and procedure laws.
• Participating in a case before local Court relating to the joint venture contract between a US investor and a Vietnamese corporation
• Participating in cases before a number of local Courts involving matters of maritime, insurance, and sale of good natures
• Participating in a VIAC arbitration on a dispute involving a Korean company and a Vietnamese company on two construction contracts
• Participating in an ICC arbitration seated in Singapore involving a joint venture dispute between a Vietnamese corporation and a US investor
• Participating in proceedings on recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of several arbitral awards rendered by the International Cotton Association (the “ICA”) in favour of a Swiss trading group
• Participating in proceedings on recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of several arbitral awards rendered by the International Cotton Association (the “ICA”) in favour of a US corporation
• Participating in proceedings on recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of several arbitral award rendered by the Grain and Feed Trade Association (the “GAFTA”) in favour of a Swiss trading group
• Participating in proceedings on recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of an award rendered by SIAC in favour of a BVI corporation
• Having assisted clients in various matters of commercial, maritime and litigation.
• Born in Hue, Vietnam
• Language: Vietnamse, English
LL.B Hanoi Law University
LL.M University of Leicester, England
Research & Publications
• Co-author of Country Report of Vietnam in Loukas Mistelis and Laurence Shore, Editors, World Arbitration Reporter 2nd edn (WAR), updated in March 2017
• Co-author of Article “Transparency: Are we ready to lift the veil of confidentiality of arbitration?” presented by Mr. Nguyen Manh Dzung at the 2nd AP Transparency Observatory Annual Conference – Development of Transaprency in Investment Arbitration in the Asia Pacific Region in 2016 in Seoul, December 2016
• Co-author of “Vietnam Chapter” of ICCA Handbook, updated in November 2016
• Completing the short course on “The World Trade Organization: Basic Principles and Non – Discrimination in the WTO – Exceptions in Trade Remedy rules and Dispute Settlement” organized by Vietnam – Singapore Training Center (under the Initiative for ASEAN Integration), January 2014.
• Completing the short course on “AIA – Development Strategies for SMEs” organized by Vietnam – Singapore Training Center (under the Initiative for ASEAN Integration), June 2014.
• Participating in the 20th Williem C. Vis Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna (Submission Round), May 2013
Membership of Professional Associations
• Member – Young ICCA [under the auspices of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)]
• Member – Young SIAC [under the auspices of the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC)