Nhu Y is an associate with experience in dispute resolution and some types of shipping work including carriage of goods by sea, charterparties, bills of lading, cargo claims, marine casualties and related issues such as arrest and release of vessels and limitation of liability.
She regularly involves in assisting clients in arbitration and litigation proceedings and drafting legal advices and other documents regarding all above-mentioned issues.
Prior to joining Dzungsrt & Associates LLC, she spent a few months in a top law firm in Vietnam.
Years of experience: 02 years
2014 - 2018 LL.B – HCMC University of Law – Faculty of International Law
2018 - 2020 Lawyer training course - Vietnam Judicial Academy
Arbitration and Litigation Cases
- A VIAC arbitration of more than USD 2 million related to a maritime dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A VMC mediation related to a dispute arising from a wreck sale agreement between a shipowner in Thailand and a Vietnamese company;
- A lawsuit of around USD 7 million related to a maritime dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit of around 3 million related to a dispute arising from an allision of a Hong Kong flag vessel to a jetty in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit of around 4 million at the appellate court related to a dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit related to a dispute arising from cargo damage.
- Advising a shipowner in Thailand on the limitation of liability in a shipwreck casualty;
- Advising a shipping lines in Vietnam on the issues related to freights and surcharges;
- Advising a carrier on handling the uncollected cargo at the Vietnamese port;
- Advising the ship interests on risk of arrest of the vessel from the cargo owners having claims for shortage and damage of cargo;
- Advising a jetty on the procedures for arresting a vessel related to an allision in Vietnam;
- Advising on the matters related to the import/export of vessels;
- Advising on the limitation of liability and time bar for claiming against the logistics service providers;
- Advising a seller of a sale contract on possible legal actions against the purchaser in Vietnam;
- Advising on the validity of digital signatures in transactions under Vietnamese law.