Nhu Y is an associate in Hochiminh City Office of Dzungsrt & Associates LLC with experience in dispute resolution and a wide range of shipping work including carriage of goods by sea, charterparties, bills of lading, cargo claims, marine casualties and related issues such as arrest and release of vessels, limitation of liability and general average. She regularly advises shipowners and the underwriters on handling uncollected cargo at the Vietnamese ports and a variety of maritime claims. She offers clients a detailed knowledge of local regulations and the industries. She also regularly assists clients in arbitration and litigation proceedings regarding the commerce and shipping matters.
She has received her law degree from Hochiminh City University of Law and completed the lawyer training course at Vietnam Judicial Academy. Prior to joining Dzungsrt & Associates LLC in September 2018, she spent a few months in a top law firm in Vietnam where she has opportunity to handle corporate, compliance and commerce matters.
Years of experience: 02 years
2018 LL.B – HCMC University of Law – Faculty of International Law
2020 Lawyer training course - Vietnam Judicial Academy
Arbitration and mediation cases
- A VIAC arbitration of more than USD 2 million related to a maritime dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A VMC mediation related to a dispute arising from a wreck sale agreement between a shipowner in Thailand and a Vietnamese company.
- A lawsuit of around 7 million US dollars related to a maritime dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit of around 3 million US dollars related to a dispute arising from an allision of a Hong Kong flag vessel to a jetty in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit of around 4 million US dollars at the appellate court related to a dispute arising from a collision in Vietnam;
- A lawsuit related to a dispute arising from cargo damage;
- A lawsuit related to a dispute arising from international sale and purchase of goods.
- Advising shipowners on the limitation of liability in shipwreck casualty;
- Advising on the matters related to the import/export of vessels;
- Advising shipping lines on handling the uncollected cargo at the Vietnamese ports;
- Advising on the matters related to the shortage and damage of cargo;
- Advising shipping lines on the issues related to freights and surcharges;
- Advising shipowners and the underwriters on risk of arrest of the vessel from the cargo owners having claims for shortage and damage of cargo;
- Advising a jetty on the procedures for arresting a vessel related to an allision in Vietnam;
- Advising on the limitation of liability and time bar for claiming against the logistics service providers;
- Advising shipowners and the underwriters on handling claims from other parties regarding shipwreck casualty;
- Advising a seller of an international sale contract on possible legal actions against the purchaser in Vietnam;
- Advising on the validity of digital signatures in transactions under Vietnamese law.