Insurance & Reinsurance
Energy & Natural Resource
Infrastructure & Construction
Insurance & Reinsurance
Logistic & Supply chain
Trading & Commodities
LLM, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Mai Anh is an Associate and a key member of the Dispute Resolution team at Dzungsrt & Associates.
She has worked on a large number of cases and has been highly commended for dealing with high-stakes matters, such as:
- Complex international disputes,
- Commercial and investor-state arbitrations,
- Litigation cases for corporations in construction, energy, telecommunications, insurance, and transportation.
Additionally, she occasionally works on matters involving maritime law.
She has been recognised for her diligence, technical understanding of the industry, and exemplary approach to complex multi-disciplinary cases. Thus, allowing her to provide a flawless and efficient service for every case.
She frequently publishes arbitration-related guides such as World Arbitration Reporter (2019), Global Arbitration Review (2020-2022), and Delos Guide to Arbitration Places (1st and 2nd editions).
International Commercial Arbitrations:
- An ICC arbitration of under USD 500 million involving an oil and gas contract against a State-owned company,
- A VIAC arbitration of over USD 100 million involving an EPC contract against a Korean contractor,
- A VIAC arbitration of under USD 1 million concerning a technical services agreement against a State-owned telecommunications company.
- A lawsuit of over USD 100 million entailing an EPC contract at Hanoi People’s Court,
- A lawsuit of under USD 500,000 involving a property all risks insurance policy at Hoan Kiem People’s Court (the first-instance court), and Hanoi People’s Court (the appeal court),
- A lawsuit of under USD 1 million concerning a collision in Vietnamese waters at Hai Phong People’s Court,
- A bankruptcy procedure against a Vietnamese company at Hanoi People’s Court, for failure to pay over USD 1 million under a ship purchase agreement.
- Advising a German shipping company on various points of Vietnamese laws to implement their coal transshipment project for a thermal power plant in Vietnam,
- Advising a Chinese contractor in a dispute with a Vietnamese employer and sub-contractors on various issues arising from a construction project in Vietnam,
- Advising a group of US investors in a dispute with the Government arising out of their investment in a thermal power plant in Vietnam,
- Advising an Australian digital transformation service company in a dispute with a Vietnamese bank on the early termination of a contract for the establishment of a digital bank,
- Advising a group of Korean investment funds on banking laws in a SIAC arbitration against a Vietnamese media company, emerging out of a share purchase agreement,
- Advising a group of foreign reinsurers in a dispute with a State-owned insurer that concerned several consecutive insurance policies for an FPSO,
- Advising an FDI resort owner in a dispute with local authorities in Binh Dinh province about their land-use rights,
- Advising the next of kin of a Vietnamese pilot deceased in a mid-air collision to claim for damages against aviation companies in the UK,
- Advising a Canadian company in the enforcement of a potential ICC arbitral award arising from an offtake agreement against a Vietnamese mining company.
- Advising a BVI shipowner in the enforcement of an LMAA arbitral award against its vessels in Vietnam,
- Advising a Korean P&I underwriter for a capsizing incident in Vietnamese waters,
- Advising a UK P&I underwriter for a collision in Vietnamese waters,
- Advising shipowners, shipping lines, and underwriters on various issues including cargo claims, ship claims, marine collisions, oil pollution, salvages, general averages, ship arrests, and others.
- Vietnam Chapter in The Delos Guide to Arbitration Places, Delos Dispute Resolution, 1st and 2nd Editions (2020-2021),
- “Arbitration developments in Vietnam: adapting to global challenges” in The Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2022, Global Arbitration Review (2021),
- Does A Right To A Physical Hearing Exist In International Arbitration?, International Council for Commercial Arbitration (2020),
- “Enforceability of arbitral awards in Vietnam – alarming practice” in The Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2021, Global Arbitration Review (2020),
- Vietnam – National Report in The World Arbitration Reporter (WAR), Juris Publishing, 2nd Edition (2019),
- Vietnam Chapter in The Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2020, Global Arbitration Review (2019),
- Compulsory licensing for pharmaceuticals in investor-state arbitration publication, Law Blogs Maastricht (2017).