LLM - Postgraduate in Economic Law - Ho Chi Minh City University of Law,
Admitted to the Ho Chi Minh Bar Association,
Certificate for participating in the course of “Introduction to International Arbitration Course" in Ho Chi Minh City, organised by CIArb (October 2018),
Certificate for participating in the PIDA training on international commercial arbitration of ICC, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (April 2019),
Certificate for participating in the workshop on “Case law in court trials – Comparison between common law and civil law systems and the application of case law in Vietnam”,
Certificate for participating in the workshop on “Dispute resolution by arbitration”.
Han is the Head of Shipping Practice at Dzungsrt & Associates LLC. She has over 12 years of experience covering an array of matters, including all types of wet work and dry work, such as:
- Ship Arrest,
- Ship Finance,
- Shipping Litigation,
- Commercial and Enforcement Litigation,
- Debt Collection,
- Corporate Law.
Han has represented clients in domestic arbitration, shipping, commercial and enforcement cases at various provincial and high courts.
Thus, she has acted on behalf of leading P&I Clubs, internationally renowned shipping lines and various global trading companies, in cases relating to:
- Ship Arrest,
- Bills of Lading,
- Sale and Purchase of Vessels,
- Maritime Insurance,
- Limitation of Liability,
- General Average.
She has also worked closely with cargo underwriters, H&M underwriters and their correspondents around the world, providing crucial advice, assistance and strong support in their daily works.
- Assisted a Korean P&I Club and the shipowner to release a ship that was arrested due to a collision with a total claim amount of over USD 1.7 million,
- Aided a Japanese P&I Club and the shipowner to release a ship that was arrested due to cargo damage and shortage with a claim amount of over USD 1.5 million,
- Helped a large bank in Singapore (the mortgagee) to release a ship under a wrongful arrest by an order on interim relief of local court with a total claim amount of USD 1 million,
- Assisted a Japanese P&I Club and the shipowner to negotiate with a local port owner to settle their claims of over USD 800,000, and release the vessel after it contacted the jetty of the local port owner,
- Helped Gard (Norway) and the shipowners to release ships that were arrested under an in rem action of the cargo owner and cargo underwriter, due to cargo shortage with a total claim amount of over USD 225,000,
- Supported a Japanese P&I Club and the shipowner to release a ship that was arrested under an in rem action of the cargo underwriter due to cargo shortage,
- Assisted a foreign correspondent of Standard P&I Club to release a vessel after it contacted a cargo vessel in Hai Phong City, Vietnam,
- Aided a foreign correspondent of West of England P&I Club to release a ship arrested by a local court in Vietnam.
Insurance and Limitation of Liability
- Assisted a Korean P&I Club and a local P&I underwriter in a complicated dispute with hundreds of non-cargo owners, cargo owners and cargo underwriters arising from a sunken vessel with the dispute value over USD 9 million,
- Aided a large retail company which had damaged cargoes in value of USD 5.7 million, due to a fire incident that led to a request for compensation from a cargo insurer – Australia’s global insurer that has a branch in Vietnam.
Allision, Rescue, General Average
- Assisted Gard P&I (Bermuda) Ltd and the shipowner to negotiate with a local buoy owner to settle their claims and release their vessel after it contacted a buoy in Go Gia river, Ho Chi Minh City,
- Helped a Korean P&I Club and the shipowner to work with the state competent authorities in Nha Trang to rescue the foreign crews injured on board of their vessel,
- Supported a local seafood company in a case relating to the contribution of general average (GA), which was handled by the adjuster Richards Hogg Lindley with the GA contributing an amount of USD 215,000 due to cargo damages caused by a fire on board.
- Assisted buyers and buyers’ banks in various S&P and Shipbuilding deals worth over USD 127 million, with a Vinashin Hyundai shipyard in Nha Trang and its subsidiaries around Vietnam,
- Aided a Scottish buyer in an S&P deal to take the delivery of a ship from a local shipyard with a total value over GBP 12 million,
- Assisted a US buyer acquiring a floating dock in Nha Trang from a local seller with a value of USD 6.2 million,
- Helped a Russian buyer in an S&P deal to purchase 2 vessels from a local shipowner with a total value of USD 2.5 million,
- Supported one of the world’s largest dry bulk shipping companies in Germany on how to conduct transshipment services in Vietnam, and the restrictions of Vietnamese law on cabotage activities in regards to the foreign shipping companies.
- Represented an Australian global insurer, who has a branch in Vietnam, in a lawsuit against a foreign shipowner due to an allision between the vessel and the jetty of a local port with a total claim of over USD 9 million at local court,
- Acted on behalf of a Korean P&I Club and the shipowner in a lawsuit initiated by a local shipowner, due to a collision between two vessels with a total claim of over USD 2 million at local court,
- Spokesman for North of England P&I Association Limited and the shipowner in a claim in tort against a local port with total claim amount of around USD 600,000,
- Represented one of the world’s largest shipping lines to work with local police in a criminal case relating to 100 kg of cocaine in containers carried on a ship from Africa to Vietnam,
- Represented a local shipowner in a dispute over a bareboat charterparty against the charterers with a total claim of over USD 250,000 at the District Court of Ho Chi Minh City,
- Acted on behalf of a Singaporean company in an arbitration in VIAC to claim local company with an amount of over USD 200,000 under a service agreement,
- Represented a shipowner in Hong Kong in a lawsuit against a local shipowner due to a collision with total claim of over USD 180,000 at local court,
- Spokesman for a foreign invested shipping line in Vietnam in a lawsuit initiated by a cargo owner under a bill of lading with a total claim amount of USD 100,000 at local court,
- Represented a Malaysian company in a lawsuit against ICD Phuoc Long port under a service agreement with a total claim amount of USD 50,000,
- Represented a Chinese shipowner in a lawsuit initiated by a cargo underwriter due to a shortage claim with total claim amount of USD 32,000.
Commercial and Bankruptcy Litigation
- Represented foreign creditors in a complex bankruptcy proceeding at local court against a local shipyard with a total claim of hundreds of US dollars,
- Represented a notable French group in a court proceeding on disputes relating to a real estate lease agreement and development of supermarkets in Vietnam with a total dispute value of USD 40 million,
- Acted on behalf of a US company in a criminal case to recover the debt worth over USD 1.5 million from a Vietnamese company and relevant individuals,
- Acted on behalf of various State-owned textile corporations in successfully achieving Judgments issued by the court of Da Nang City and the appellate court of Supreme People’s court in Da Nang City to accept our clients’ claims against an American investment fund in a joint venture company in Vietnam,
- Represented a large renowned French invested retailer in successfully achieving a Decision issued by Head of the People’s Procuracy of Can Tho City on agreeing to protest against a first instance judgment in accordance with the judicial review procedure, over disputes relating to a real estate lease agreement and development of a series of supermarkets in Vietnam,
- Represented a BVI Company in relation to an investment dispute involving a Vietnamese company and a Vietnamese state authority,
- Stood for one of the largest energy companies in Russia, in a litigation case at local court to recover a deposit of USD 200,000 under a contract of office lease with a large real estate company in Vietnam,
- Represented two very well-known Japanese mega-banks before the court of Vietnam, relating to the payment under the performance bond issued by the banks to the Vietnamese parties in accordance with a construction contract of a paper pulp factory,
- Represented a notable Japanese logistic company in a dispute relating to the lease contract of warehouse with a Vietnamese company,
- Represented a Swiss company in a bankruptcy proceeding at the Vietnamese court with value of USD millions.
- Acted on behalf of several international trading groups in relation to the recognition and enforcement of 7 foreign arbitral awards of ICA with a value of millions of US dollars,
- Represented a Swiss client in seeking recognition and enforcement in Vietnam of 3 arbitral awards of the Grain Feed and Trade Association (GAFTA). This marked the first time GAFTA awards were recognized and enforced in Vietnam,
- Represented a Singaporean company in successfully achieving a Judgment of Ho Chi Minh City court for the recognition and enforcement of the 1st adhoc award in the territory of Vietnam,
- Stood for a famous Swiss group in successfully achieving various judgments issued by the first instance courts and the appellate court of the Supreme People’s court in Ho Chi Minh City, accepting for the recognition and enforcement awards of the International Cotton Associations (ICA) in Vietnam,
- Represented a Swiss group in successfully negotiating and settling with a local company in respect of the judgment enforcement with an amount of around USD 1 million,
- Represented a BVI Company, operating in Hong Kong, in relation to the recognition and enforcement of an SIAC award of millions of US dollars in value; and
- Represented several Singaporean companies in relation to the recognition and enforcement of institutional and ad-hoc arbitral awards.
- Stood for a global company specialising in interior architectural design in various claims against large real estate companies in Vietnam under Interior Design Consultancy Agreements, and successfully collected overdue debts over USD 500,000,
- Represented a Singaporean energy company in a claim against a large local company to request for payment of DEM under a Coal Sale & Purchase Agreement with an amount of around USD 1 million,
- Acted on behalf of a NVOCC Co., Ltd in a claim for storage charges and Mafi costs over USD 160,000 against a large construction company in a project on anti-flooding in Ho Chi Minh City, with total investment capital of around VND 10,000 billion (450 million USD) by the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City,
- Represented a Singaporean shipowner in a claim against a local Charterer to request for the payment of an overdue hire amount of USD 300,000 under a Charterparty,
- Spokesman for a London P&I Club and the shipowner in a claim against the local Charterer to request for payment of an overdue amount of over USD 130,000, for off-hire and bunker consumption under a Charterparty,
- Represented a German company in a claim against a local buyer, requesting the payment of an overdue amount of USD 80,000 under a Sale and Purchase Contract of potatoes,
- Represented CVOCC (Hong Kong) and NVOCC (Vietnam) in claims for storage charges and other costs of over USD 50,000 against the shippers under related bills of lading,
- Acted on behalf of a Koreaan P&I Club in a claim against the shippers in regards to cargo damage under the bills of lading with a total claim amount of over KRW 64,000,
- Represented a foreign invested Insurance company in a claim against a logistic company to recover an amount of over USD 20,000 under a subrogation letter.
Real Estate and Corporate
- Advised a Malaysian real estate group on various deals relating to the contribution capital contract and S&P contract of commercial residential houses in terms of their projects in Vietnam,
- Assisted a local individual on an S&P contract to buy a house from a local seller with total value of USD 100,000,
- Advised one of the largest Chinese companies on labor issues such as settling labor disputes and termination of labor contracts.
- Described as “a talented young lawyer” (Legal 500 Asia Pacific)