Arbitration isn’t something we do on the side, it’s what we do every day
Dzungsrt & Associates LLC is consistently placed at the top of international arbitration in all major legal directories, including Chambers, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation and Asia Law. Quite a number of matters that we handle are highly contentious in the sense that they involve claims against state-owned companies or governmental entities, or are in connection with treaty claims, or arise out of politically charged criminal investigations
In the investor-state arbitration space, we are frequently sought after by giant global law firms to act as co-counsel in high-stakes investor-state arbitrations whenever it comes to Vietnamese matters. We acted for global corporations and foreign investors in the matters brought under contracts and bilateral, regional and multilateral treaties.
Our team worked on sensitive and complicated issues in a broad range of industries such as energy, hospitality, etc. .In most cases, some of the key issues are related to the change, bureaucracy, or lacuna of the legal and political system. We seek amicable, negotiated settlements and act at every stage of the investment arbitration process, including challenging and enforcing awards, appearing as advocates at hearings.
Other practice areas
- Acting as co-legal counsel to a BVI Company in relation to an investment dispute and parallel proceedings involving a Vietnamese company and a Vietnamese state authority;
- Acting as co-legal counsel for a Vietnamese Textile Corporation in a joint venture dispute with a foreign investor before ICC Arbitration seated in Singapore;
- CURRENT TRENDS ON INVESTOR – STATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION IN VIETNAM [Article] By Nguyen Manh Dzung & Le Quang Hung
- ARBITRATION IN VIETNAM IN DETAILS [Handbook & Guide] By Nguyen Manh Dzung & Le Quang Hung
- VIETNAM ICCA 2015 [Handbook & Guide] By Hew R Dundas and Dzungsrt & Associates LLC
- Treaty Investment Arbitration” in The Workshop “Resolution of International Trade and Business Disputes” on 10 February 2012 in regards to the 2nd component of the EU- Vietnam (Multilateral Trade Assistance Project, MUTRAP III project – co-author)
- International Investment Dispute Resolution in Vietnam: Opportunities and Challenges in Julien Chaisse and Luke Nottage, 2018, p. 280-302, ( International Investment Treaties and Arbitration Across Asia, Brill Nijhoff – co-author)
- ISDS Reform & The EU–Vietnam Free Trade Agreement: Challenge Accepted!” in Mandev Mohan & Chester Brown, Regulation & Investment Disputes: Asian Perspectives (Cambridge University Press – co-author),
- 2021: Top-tier firm in Dispute resolution: Arbitration and Shipping by Legal500
- Dispute resolution: ‘Responsive and user friendly, providing advice in a concise and accurate way..’