Partner Trang Nguyen successfully defended her PhD dissertation
In the afternoon of November 11, 2021, at the The Vietnam Academy for Social Sciences, our Arbitration Partner – Fellow Ph.D Trang Nguyen successfully defended her PhD dissertation titled “Jurisdiction of Vietnamese courts to provide legal assistance to commercial arbitration”
A SHORT SUMMARY OF HER WORK:
Purpose: Clarifying theoretical issues about the court’s jurisdiction to provide judicial assistance for commercial arbitration, analyzing and evaluating the legal status and practice of the court’s jurisdiction to provide legal assistance to commercial arbitration, proposing directions and specific solutions to improve the law, and the efficiency of the enforcement of the court’s judicial support authority for commercial arbitration.
Theoretical and practical significance of the thesis:
The research results of the thesis contribute to clarifying theoretical and practical issues about the jurisdiction of Vietnamese courts to provide legal assistance to commercial arbitration, which is a valuable reference document in research, teaching and learning, and used as a reference in the application of commercial law and civil law. The recommendations made in the thesis are also useful references for courts, arbitrators, law-enforcement agencies and disputing parties in commercial arbitration.
SUPERVISOR(S): Prof.Dr. Nguyen Thi Mo
- Bui Nguyen Khanh – Director of the Academy of Social Sciences,
- Tang Van Nghia – Vice Dean of the Graduate School of FTU,
- Ng Thi Thu Thuy Dean of the National School of Law,
- Nguyen Van Cuong – Director of the MOJ Institute of Legal Sciences,
- Tran Van Bien – Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Legal Journal
- Doan Trung Kien – Rector of Hanoi Law University